Events

When:

Saturday, April 21, 2018
2:00–4:35 p.m.

Where:

Westermann Stage, Concert Hall

Cost:

Regular price: $20
PAC Members:$15

Tagged: Adelphi University, Performing Arts Center, Department of Theatre

Puccini’s La Boheme

Performing Arts Series, Film Screening

» Buy Tickets to Puccini’s La Boheme

“Who am I? I’m a poet. What do I do? I write. And how do I live? I live!” – Rodolfo, Act I

No one better described the half-starved, struggling artists of mid-nineteenth century Paris than the writer Henri Murger in Scènes de la Vie de Bohème.

These bohemian artists are ready to burn a manuscript to try to keep warm yet, in an era of triumphant bourgeois materialism, they dream of another existence. Taking up these scenes of Bohemian life, Puccini offers us a heart-breaking love story and some of the most beautiful music in the history of opera, telling the story of the poet Rodolfo and the fragile Mimi.

The staging of this new production has been entrusted to Claus Guth, who sets the drama in a future devoid of hope, in which love and art become the sole means of transcendence.

Conductor Gustavo Dudamel (currently Music & Artistic Director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic) leads a fantastic cast, including Sonya Yoncheva, Aida Garifullina, Atalla Ayan, Alessio Arduini and Artur Ruciński.

For further information, please contact:

Lucia and Steven N. Fischer Box Office
Adelphi University Performing Arts Center
p – 516.877.4000
e – boxoffice@adelphi.edu

Buy Tickets and Gift Cards

Holiday Hours

The Adelphi PAC Box Office will close for the holidays as of December 16, 2017. We will reopen on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, with our regular semester hours.

Regular Semester Hours
Tuesday–Friday 1:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.

The Box Office is open two hours before most scheduled events.