Published:

A junior English major Rebecca has become quite active during her relatively short time on campus.

Rebecca Singh, a junior English major who said the Spring 2014 semester was her first at Adelphi, has become quite active during her relatively short time on campus.

Singh is the current president of the South Asia Student Association, which, she pointed out, is “open to any student of any ethnicity. We aim to spread the South Asian culture by engaging students in different events, activities and community service throughout Adelphi.” As president, she said, “I work on getting everyone in the organization to understand, embrace and enjoy their culture, as well as the South Asian culture.”

Besides the club, Singh is involved in Sikhs United, the Muslim Student Association, the Student Activities Board and the English Honor Society.

Singh, who switched from LIU Post to Adelphi’s College of Arts and Sciences, described her transfer experience as “very liberating.” She explained, “Adelphi has become my home away from home. I’ve never felt so comfortable and independent. Thus far, transferring has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made because there are so many opportunities to take advantage of.” In addition, she said, “Adelphi has benefited me socially, as an individual, and has given me a newfound perspective in my career path, as an aspiring journalist.”

She hopes to eventually work at The New York Times—and, toward that goal, plans to apply to the newspaper’s internship program in Summer 2015.

For further information, please contact:

Todd Wilson
Strategic Communications Director 
p – 516.237.8634
e – twilson@adelphi.edu

Contact
Phone Number
More Info
Location
Levermore Hall, 205
Search Menu