Facility Usage Policy
The Recreation Facilities are open at no cost to members of the Adelphi Community including: current students, faculty, administration, and staff with valid ID. All participants are required to present their ID when entering the facilities. In addition, IDs may be requested at several locations such as the gym, pool, and fitness center during peak times.
Annual Facility memberships are also available for purchase by alumni and adult family members of students and staff. All members must be at least 17 years old. Contact the Campus Recreation office for fees and registration forms.
Center for Recreation and Sports
Atrium & Mezzanine
The spacious atrium provides views to the outdoors as well as the newly renovated fitness center, pool and studio in Woodruff Hall. A friendly staff member will greet you at the information control desk and direct you to your desired destination. Relax or meet up with friends, in the mezzanine lounge, or grab a healthy snack or smoothie at the Legends Café after your workout.
Enjoy views of the outdoors from the 3 lane walking and jogging track which is approx. 1/10th of a mile. (9 1/2 times around make a mile).
A 3 court gymnasium for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and many other activities are located on the lower level. Sneakers are required for participating in any activities in the gym. No food, drinks, or gum.
Recreation Locker Rooms
Located on the lower level, equipped with grooming stations and swim suit dryers, there are both day-use and long term (annual) lockers. Locker registration takes place at the Recreation Department located in Woodruff Hall Room 240. Access to the swimming pool is at the rear of the recreation locker rooms.
Recreation Equipment Issue Desk
Just bring your ID to check out any number of items such as basketballs, volleyballs, badminton or tennis rackets and much more. Visit the equipment issue desk to register a locker. We’re located in CRS room 028 at the lower level.
Recreation Fitness Center
Our new state of the art, 5,000 square foot fitness center has everything needed for a complete workout.
- Cybex selectorized weight training circuit
- 14 free weight stations
- Cable machines
- Stretching area
- 28 cardio machines featuring (mostly) Life Fitness with entertainment such as iPod connections and 17" personal TV screens, enhanced training with landscaped views, virtual trainers and USB data connections for tracking personal workouts.
The Arvilla E. Nolan Swimming pool is 4-lanes, 25 yards in length. Lap swimming is the general rule during open swim times. Access to the pool is through the recreation locker rooms in the lower level of the CRS.
Racquetball & Squash Courts
Located on the third floor, there is one dedicated squash court and one conversion court which transforms from racquet ball to squash in minutes. Rackets and balls will be available at the control desk next to the Fitness Center.
Four newly built tennis courts are located at the north end of the outdoor soccer/ lacrosse complex. The courts are open daily (March through October) from 8 a.m. to dusk (except for during varsity practices or P.E. classes) on a first come first serve basis. No reservation required.
Turf Fields (William J. Bonomo Baseball Field and Turf Practice Field)
The William J. Bonomo Baseball and Turf Practice fields are available for recreational use for Adelphi Students during the regular semester as follows;
Daily 12:00 noon–dusk (latest 8:00 p.m.)
EXCEPT when there is a scheduled activity such as practice or a game.
(3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. most weekdays, double header games on Saturdays and Sundays)
In addition, the Turf Practice Field is available for recreational use when not being used for scheduled activities or practices.
Athletic Turf Field Policies
- ABSOLUTELY NO gum, food, sunflower seeds, or smoking on the turf.
- Soccer and Field Hockey goals must be moved correctly on the wheels and not dragged on the turf. Lax goals must be picked up and carried, not dragged on the field. Benches and other heavy equipment must be moved with care, not dragged.
- All Equipment must be returned to its proper place after it is used.
- All equipment and debris from all events must be cleaned up the by sponsoring group or arranged for by the sponsoring department.
- All scheduled group use of the turf fields must be supervised and all groups should be informed of the turf field policies prior to use. Supervisors of outside groups must help enforce the turf policies. Public Safety may assist during open rec/informal use of the fields by periodically checking ID’s of those using the fields.
- When a night event requires lights, the schedule is set prior. (Allow 3 days notice) If the event is cancelled for any reason, the appropriate athletic department personnel must be notified in order to cancel the light schedule.
- Announcements regarding proper use of the fields, the policies and collection and proper disposal of garbage must be promoted to all students and groups repeatedly in addition to extra signage as needed.