The Student Government Association (SGA) is responsible for representing and uniting the members of the undergraduate student body to protect and promote your interests. The association acts on behalf of the undergraduate student body through communication with the administration, staff and faculty on matters of student concern.
The Executive Cabinet and Student Senate collaborate on major yearly initiatives for SGA, in addition to working together on addressing general student issues. Some of these goals and initiatives include:
- Student advocacy: SGA serves as a liaison between the student body and administrative offices on campus to bridge communication gaps and attempt to resolve issues before they materialize.
- SGA Connects!: A new communication strategy, SGA Connects! increased the usage of social media, as well as exploration of resources that are available through the Office of Information Technology. This has helped us more effectively identify student issues and gain instant feedback on SGA’s perceived successes and failures.
- Collaboration: If you believe that your organization can further benefit the undergraduate population through collaboration with SGA, please feel free to arrange an appointment with the SGA president.
- Supporting student athletes and Greek life: SGA actively reaches out to student-athletes and the organizations that regulate Greek life.
- Resolving academic issues: SGA works with the Office of the Provost and the Faculty Senate to discuss any academic issues that concern our students and by working directly with the deans of each academic school. If you have concerns or recommendations regarding your educational opportunities or other academic issues, please contact the SGA representative of your school or college.
Get to know the SGA
Visit the Student Life Intranet on eCampus for information about elections and your representatives:
» See what the SGA is doing on MyAULife