Office of the Catholic Chaplain
The Newman Club at Adelphi University is made up of young adult Catholics who are committed to growing in their spirituality, serving others
and forming community with one an other.
Growing in Spirituality:
- Mass is celebrated Sundays at 7:00 p.m., in addition to special services and prayer during Advent and Lent.
- Retreats are held throughout the year with college students from all over Long Island, to provide Adelphi students the opportunity to relax, renew and reflect; and to just get a way for a weekend and meet other students.
- Throughout the semester students come together for scripture
sharing, Adoration and reflection; to grow in their spirituality and faith.
- Students organize community service events throughout the semester such as working at nursing homes and homeless shelters.
- The Catholic Campus Parish also provides college students the opportunity to engage in extended community service trips which can be conducted during winter, spring or summer breaks. These trips are grounded in faith, service and reflection.
- Adelphi students plan social activities throughout each semester to form a stronger sense of community with each other.
Please stop in room 302 of the UC for more information on any of these
activities (our office is the first one on the right) call 516.877.3116 or email