Published:

Amanda Krakoff was inspired to pursue nursing because she has juvenile diabetes. Specifically, she hopes to become a pediatric diabetic educator.

by James Forkan

Nursing Major
Transferred from Nassau Community College

“I encountered many different types of nurses throughout my hospital experiences. I want to become the nurse that I would want to take care of me—compassionate, caring, empathetic, educated and attentive,” she said.

Krakoff, a Nassau Community College transfer, selected the College of Nursing and Public Health because of its great reputation and beautiful campus.

A member of Tau Sigma, Krakoff also belongs to the International Nurses Association (INA). She will be included in the INA’s Worldwide Leaders in Healthcare, an annual reference guide distributed to hospitals and doctors’ offices.

Scheduled to graduate in December 2016, she described nursing as “a hard major” but pointed out that “connecting with peers and professors makes it so much easier. My classmates and I are so supportive and understanding of each other—that’s the best part about Adelphi.”

For further information, please contact:

Todd Wilson
Strategic Communications Director 
p – 516.237.8634
e – twilson@adelphi.edu

Contact
Phone Number
More Info
Location
Levermore Hall, 205
Search Menu