Just like Resident Assistants help resident students transition to college life, Adelphi University Commuter Assistants are available to help commuter students transition to college life.

Commuter assistants are placed with incoming commuter students to serve as mentors and as a resource for them. Each commuter assistant will keep in contact with his or her commuting first-year students, help them navigate Adelphi University, and help them get involved on campus.

All commuter assistants hold desk hours in the student lounge in the University Center during the week so that they are accessible to answer questions that a commuter student may have.

Commuter Assistants are equipped with the most up-to-date information regarding campus events and news so that they stand ready to assist any commuter student who may need their guidance!

Meet Our Commuter Assistant

Bio

I commute from Brighton Beach, Brooklyn! I’m also the Vice President of the Levermore Global Scholars Student Leadership council, historian of the South Asian Students Association, and Public Relations for the Muslim Student Association! A fun fact is that I’m a huge fan of the Tales of Series videogames!

Desk Hours

Tuesdays 6pm-8pm

Bio

I commute from Northport by car. On campus, I am the Vice President of External Affairs for the Student Government Association, I am a sister of Delta Gamma where I hold multiple different leadership positions, and I am a member of the Gamma Beta Phi National Service and Honor Society. A fun fact about me is that I have a twin sister!

Desk Hours

Thursdays 5pm-7pm

Bio

I commute from Mineola, NY by car! On campus I am the President of the Student Activities Board and the VP of Recruitment for my sorority Delta Phi Epsilon! A fun fact about me is that I love listening to music!

Desk Hours

Thursdays 1pm-3pm

Bio

I commute from North Bellmore, NY by car! On campus, I am also Tresurer of the Commuter Student Organization, and a member of NSSLHA and C.A.L.I.B.E.R. A fun fact about me is that I love browsing on Zillow!

Desk Hours

Fridays 3pm-5pm

Bio

I commute from Wantagh by car. On campus, I am the Creativity Chair of Her Campus, and also a writer and editor, and a member of the Commuter Student Organization and Environmental Action Coalition! A fun fact is that I love listening to music and making Spotify playlists.

Desk Hours

Mondays 4pm-6pm

Bio

I commute from Queens by car. Besides being a CA, I am the Parliamentarian for the Student Government Association, Vice President of Omicron Delta Kappa, and Treasurer for Sikhs United. A fun fact about me is that I have huge iced coffee addiction and I can speak 3 languages.

Desk Hours

Tuesday 4pm-6pm

Bio

I commute from Merrick, NY, by car. I am in my Junior year here at Adelphi. This is my first year being a CA, but I am also a Co-CAW chair of the Commuter Student Organization. I am a member of the Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society as well as a member of the Delta Delta Delta Sorority. One fun fact about me is I am die hard NY Islanders fan 🙂

Desk Hours

Wednesdays 11am-1pm

Bio

I commute from Queens Village by car, but I also use to take public transportation during my first year. Not only am I a CA, I am also an event coordinator for AUSNA, and a sister of Phi Mu. Previously I filled roles in CSO as a CO-CAW, SGA as a senator, and Council Representative in LGSSLC. A fun fact about me is that I visited San Francisco this summer!

Bio

I commute from Huntington by car. I am the President of the Student Government Association as well as VP Finance for Delta Gamma. A fun fact about me is I am obsessed with Disney

Desk Hours

Tuesdays 9am-11am

Bio

I commute from Queens. I am also the Vice President for the South Asian Student Association, and am involved in many organizations on campus. Furthermore, I have been Peer Assistant Leader for two years and am also a sister of Delta Delta Delta. A fun fact about me is that I can speak two other languages besides English.

Desk Hours

Mondays 6pm-8pm

Bio

I commute from Franklin Square by car. On campus I am involved in the CA program, CSO, Gamma Beta Phi, NSLS, and Psi Chi honor society where I am the social media chair.

Desk Hours

Mondays from 9am-11am

Bio

I commute from Mineola by car. This is my second year as a Commuter Assistant and it has been one of my best experiences at Adelphi. On campus I am a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon. I am also a Levermore Global Scholar Student! My dream is to become a childhood special education teacher.

Desk Hours

Fridays 11am-1pm

Bio

I commute from Queens. I am the Public Relations Officer for the Commuter Student Organization as well as the Secretary of the Physics Club. Aside from being a CA, I am also a PAL. A fun fact about me is that I am a huge soccer fan.

Desk Hours

Tuesdays 2-4pm

Bio

I commute from Queens every day, and I’m also a tutor in the Learning and Writing Center. A fun fact about me is I love listening to music almost every hour of my life.

Desk Hours

Wednesday: 4pm-6pm

Bio

I commute from Franklin Square! I’m also Vice President of the Catholic Newman Club, co-CAW chair of CSO, member of club soccer team, and a social coach intern for the Bridges program. A fun fact about me is that I studied abroad in Italy during a winter intersession.

Desk Hours

Thursdays 8-10am

Bio

I commute from Merrick, NY, by car and I am currently the Senior Commuter Assistant. I am also the VP Communications of Delta Gamma, I serve on the Honors College Student Council, I am a member of the Future Teachers Association and I play Intramural Volleyball. A fun fact about me is that I am a huge fan of Harry Styles!

Desk Hours

Mondays 2pm-4pm

Bio

I commute from Oceanside, NY and I’m the President of the Commuter Student Organization! A fun fact about me is that I have an unhealthy addiction to Disney and coffee!

Desk Hours

Monday 11am-1pm

Bio

I commute from new Hyde park by car. I am currently a sophomore and this is my first year being a CA. I am also the community service chair for my sorority Adelphi.

Desk Hours

Wednesdays 2pm-4pm

Become a Commuter Assistant

Apply to provides first-year commuter students with a mentor and resource to all things Adelphi.
Contact
Phone Number
More Info
Location
Ruth S. Harley University Center, 123
Hours
  • Regular Semester Hours Mon-Fri: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Search Menu